SALT & PEPPER
- Skin and grate potatoes and onion.
- Squeeze out as much natural moisture from the potatoes (less moisture means crunchier hash browns).
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper. And drizzle with olive oil. Mix well.
- Onto a hot pan, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil and add the potato-onion mixture. And flatten into shape.
- Add knobs of butter around the pan.
- Prepare to flip hash brown once the bottom firms.
- Make indentations to where you would like to crack the eggs. Season with cayenne pepper.
- In a preheated oven of 200°C, place pan in oven. Remove pan when eggs are over medium cooked (approx. 8 minutes).
Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a knob of butter onto hot pan before placing bacon in. Remove bacon when desired crunchiness level is achieved.
Super excited to announce a new element being added to the blog! Brunch with Di is something that grew from some of the best memories made during my time in LA, which was brunch with my girls and some bubbly on the side. What better way to kick things off with a Gordon Ramsay inspired breakfast recipe.
There is plenty more brunches I am excited to host and recipes to share! Stay tuned for more yummy goodness.